|Debut||Manga: "Herculopolis High"|
Anime: "Gohan Goes to High School"
|Smaller Locations||Musuka Circus|
Orange Star High School
Satan City Bank
Satan City Hospital
|Neighboring Regions||Aru Village|
Satan City (サタンシテイ; called Hercule City in the edited version and Herculopolis in the Viz manga) is a city located north of Mount Paozu and south of East City. It was originally named Orange Star City, but was renamed after Mr. Satan in commemoration of his supposed victory over Cell in the Cell Games (which Gohan actually won).
In the series, Gohan went to Orange Star High School there, along with Videl, Sharpner, Erasa, and Angela. He fought crime there on many occasions as his superhero aliases, the Gold Fighter and the Great Saiyaman. At school, Erasa mentions that the mountains are far from Satan City. However, for fighters flying in the sky like Gohan and as viewed on the World Map, Satan City is near Grandpa Gohan's house.
The Satan City Bank is on the main street of the city, and is often attacked by robbers. The city also features the Satan Tower, a building that Gohan was badgered into going to by Angela while on his first date.
- Mr. Satan
- Videl (moves out sometime after Kid Buu Saga)
- Pan (moves here sometime before A Hero's Legacy)
- Red Shark Gang
- Rock (Boss of the Red Shark Gang)
- Mr. Musuka
Satan City appears in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, named Hercule City to follow the English dub of the anime. Gohan goes to this city attend Orange Star High School, and also fights various gangs here, incuding the Red Shark Gang and members of the Musuka Circus.
The city also appears/gets mentioned in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, and is mentioned with its former name Orange Star City in Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II. It is a battle stage in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu.
- Despite all the English versions of the Dragon Ball games (apart from the European version of Budokai 1) referring to Mr. Satan as Hercule, the cutscenes that take place in this city in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 show the sign still saying "Satan City".
- It is quite possible that Satan City is the same city that appears in Dragonball Evolution, as Goku's school bears a strong resemblance to Orange Star High School and if one looks at key scenes that take place in the school a logo very similar to the one Orange Star uses can be seen in the background.