Anime: " The New Threat"
|Date of birth||January 9, Age 727|
|Date of death||October 12, Age 761 (escaped from Hell)|
|Height||6'3" (189 cm)|
|Weight||141 lbs (69 Kg)|
|Allegiance||Planet trade organization (Saiyan Army)|
He was one of the four known remaining Saiyans left alive after his home world was destroyed. He seeks out Goku in order to recruit him to conquer more planets. He's used to be the ex-boyfriend of his formerly childhood sweetheart as the same age as him from Spencer World, Maria were murdered by Frieza.
Raditz is the main antagonist of the Vegeta Saga.
Raditz has a long rock star hairstyle, dark tan skin complexion, dark black eyes and is only seen wearing Saiyan Armor.
Raditz's appearance consists of extremely long, spiky black hair with a prominent widow's peak, dark tank skin complexion, dark black eyes, brown and black colored Battle Armor in the same style as the rest of Frieza's soldiers, with boots, armored gloves, and a scouter that is blue in the manga and green in the anime.
Additionally, he wears two accessory bands that are white in the manga and red in the anime: one is tightened around his left arm, and the other on his left leg. Interestingly, even though Raditz is Bardock's son and Goku's big brother, he looks more like Vegeta than Goku (widows peak, facial features, etc.) and he's has the soft facial features from his mother.
Raditz can also be quite a coward when facing death, as he kept struggling and begging desperately with his usually arrogant attitude when facing Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon. Apparently, unlike most Saiyans in general, especially Goku, Raditz fears death greatly. He was only willing to accept his death when he arrogantly believed his comrades would revive him with the Dragon Balls. His cowardice might explain his weakness compared to Vegeta and Nappa, as a cowardly Saiyan is unlikely to suffer life-threatening injuries, meaning he would have had fewer opportunities to get a power boost from Zenkai.
He claims that he wants to anger Goku in order to get his Saiyan blood boiling, so he could realize his Saiyan heritage and get him to join the remaining Saiyan clan in collecting planets for Frieza. He is extremely proud of his Saiyan heritage, like Vegeta and makes many comments on it, even explaining the near extinction of the Saiyans. He is also very disgusted to learn Goku's tail has been cut off and mocks and ridicules him for forgetting his mission to depopulate the Earth, due to an injury to Goku's head when he was a baby. He also mocks Goku for becoming soft and becoming a part of the Earth's population. He seems confident that Goku will join him, Nappa and Vegeta. While kidnapping Gohan and Kayla, he mocks his nephew and Shaun's daughter for crying after killing Shaun and Danielle to order from Frieza, telling him he is a Saiyan, he has no problem whatsoever killing his brother or his nephew without hesitation. In some ways, Raditz seems to take after Vegeta for glorifying the Saiyan race and killing anyone who is either a threat or, in the cases of Goku and Gohan, refuses to live up to the expectations of their barbarous lifestyle.
Raditz also is very dependent on his scouter, and when a power level gets too high (close to his level), he assumes it is broken. Raditz displays a high level of confidence in his power level and his strength, and is very arrogant. During his time on Earth, he did not take Piccolo, Zesmond, Jimmy and Goku seriously and severely underestimated them due to their low power reading. Also, he lies when he tells Goku that he is a first class warrior, and that he would not hesitate to kill his own brother if he had to. Raditz's power level being only 1,500, shows that he is in fact at lower level status (although he simply may have been referring to the fact that he behaves like a first-class warrior, thus cold-hearted and uncaring towards anyone but himself). Before dying, Raditz states that he has no doubt Nappa and Vegeta will bring him to life with the Dragon Balls. Nappa actually does consider using the wish to revive Raditz, but Vegeta instead chooses to wish for immortality, claiming that Raditz deserved to die for his incompetence.
The only instance where Raditz displays a positive side is when he shows genuine grief and remorse for Goku after they have both been hit by Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, lamenting how Goku would sacrifice himself for what he saw as low level trash. In the Frieza Saga, Raditz is shown greatly affronted for receiving no praise from Frieza, Dodoria, or Zarbon after he conquered planet Shikk along with Vegeta and Nappa. He was also mortified that Vegeta would abandon avenging his race, especially when rumors escalated in regards to Frieza's involvement in Planet Vegeta's destruction.
Raditz was a previous relationship with Shaun's the one of his older sisters, Maria from the Spencer World empire together many days before her death in the Spencer Clan Massacre along with her family and people by Frieza and later Raditz tells Marcus and Shaun about their older sister was his childhood sweetheart in his childhood from early years ago, Maria stills upset and heartbroken of Raditz's ruthless behavior, before they've broke up and separated once again after revealing that he's don't love her because she's too weaker than her parents and siblings similar to Kaylah from 500 years ago in front of Vegata, Nappa, and everybody in Spencer World by having a reunion at Spencer World during in the Piccolo Jr Saga and wedding day for Shaun and Danielle.
It its implied that some of Raditz's more brutal tendencies could be the result of having grown up around the ruthless elite Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa, who tended to think little of Raditz due to his status as a low class warrior. One possible reason for Raditz's coming to Earth was to prove himself useful by recruiting his younger brother (and possibly Gohan once he learned of the boy's existence) giving their group another Saiyan warrior to make conquering planets for Frieza much easier and possibly to one day rebel against Frieza. His attempts to anger and even kill his brother instead of leaving him in peace may have also been due to him being fully aware that low class warriors like himself and his brother would not be capable of defeating Nappa and Vegeta who would likely not take to kindly to Raditz if he allowed him brother and nephew to live peacefully on Earth. This is implied in the What-If scenario Fateful Brothers, in which Raditz loses his memory and ends up bonding with his brother and nephew, only to become conflicted when his memory returns, though ultimately chooses to sacrifice his life by ramming his Attack Ball into Nappa and Vegeta's Attack Balls, killing all three of them. Before sacrificing himself, Raditz also states that behind Nappa and Vegeta is an even greater monster, referring to Frieza, implying that he may have realized that Frieza would have had him hunted down had he chosen to spare his brother in the main series. Thus it could be argued that Nappa, Vegeta, and Frieza where all bad influences on him. The what-if scenario also implies he might have been more like Goku and his father after Bardock's Elite were murdered, had it not been for Nappa, Vegeta, and Frieza's influence.
After he incapacitates a farmer who challenged him, Raditz detects a power reading on his scouter and assumes it's Goku. He tracks down the source of the energy and comes face to face with Piccolo, Goku's enemy at the time. Raditz asks Piccolo where he can find "Kakarot", but Piccolo refuses to tell him, warning him to leave Earth at once. Raditz laughs at Piccolo, who fires a powerful attack at Raditz, leaving him unscathed, only managing to "singe some of his leg hair," as Raditz puts it. Just as Raditz prepares to destroy Piccolo, he detects another power level, and this time, he knows that it as Kakarot, the one he is looking for. He also calls Goku Kakarot all the time.
In the Frieza Saga, Raditz is shown greatly affronted for receiving no praise from Frieza, Dodoria, or Zarbon after he conquered planet Shikk along with Vegeta and Nappa. He was also mortified that Vegeta would abandon avenging his race, especially when rumors escalated in regards to Frieza's involvement in Planet Vegeta's destruction. This shows that like his parents he cares about his race and that he is eager to avenge them though only with the aid of his Saiyan comrades presumably due to being fully aware he is not strong enough to tangle with Frieza on his own.
It its implied that some of Raditz's more brutal tendencies could be the result of having grown up around the ruthless elite Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa, who tended to think little of Raditz due to his status as a low class warrior - despite Raditz being one of the top low class warriors. One possible reason for Raditz's coming to Earth was to prove himself useful by recruiting his younger brother (and possibly Gohan once he learned of the boy's existence) giving their group another Saiyan warrior to make conquering planets for Frieza much easier and possibly to one day rebel against Frieza. His attempts to anger and even kill his brother instead of leaving him in peace may have also been due to him being fully aware that low class warriors like himself and his brother would not be capable of defeating Nappa and Vegeta who would likely not take to kindly to Raditz if he allowed his brother and nephew to live peacefully on Earth. This is implied in the What-If scenario Fateful Brothers, in which Raditz loses his memory and ends up bonding with his brother and nephew, only to become conflicted when his memory returns, though ultimately chooses to sacrifice his life by ramming his Attack Ball into Nappa and Vegeta's Attack Balls, killing all three of them. Before sacrificing himself, Raditz also states that behind Nappa and Vegeta is an even greater monster, referring to Frieza.
The nature of Raditz's relationship with his parents is unknown though it is implied that he did grow up around them for a time as he recognized his brother due to his resemblance to their father. It is known that Gine loved both her children and was proud that Raditz was assigned to invade a planet with Prince Vegeta in Dragon Ball Minus. However it is implied that his relationship with his father is strained though he apparently does respect his father. Various video games that show them interacting together support this as Bardock tends to be cold towards Raditz, though this may be due to him being aware of his actions during the Raditz Saga thanks to his ability to see the future from the TV special. In Xenoverse 2, if the warrior is training under Bardock then Raditz will be surprised that they are training under him and even reveals that his father never taught him anything before asking why his father would train them over his own son. During a special instructor event, Raditz and his father end up having a reunion inside Orange Star High School. Raditz is surprised his father is alive and asks how he became an instructor, though Bardock asks him if he ever shuts up and states he doesn't know where he gets it from, before noting he seems to have grown a bit and asks Raditz if he wants to see how he'd fair against his father. Raditz notes to the Future Warrior afterwards at how annoyed he is that his father never even let him know he was alive and states that his father's thinking reeks of Saiyan. Bardock himself notes to the Future Warrior that Raditz is just a low-class warrior and that he doesn't have much of a power level either, though he admits he respects Raditz's stubbornness and states that he never thought he'd see him again.
Raditz was born to Bardock and Gine in January 9 of Age 727 sometime before Age 734 before he's joined with Vegeta and Nappa after the death of his beloved girlfriend Maria and parents. During the time of Planet Vegeta's destruction, as a child at age 10 at the time, Raditz was away on a mission with Prince Vegeta and was spared the fate of many of his race, including his mother and father, thanks to Vegeta deciding that they will ignore the order to return to Planet Vegeta.
Sometime before the destruction of Planet Vegeta, Raditz is told by his father what happened to his younger brother. In an anime only flashback in the Frieza Saga, sometime after the genocide of the Saiyans, Raditz along with Nappa and Vegeta return from their conquest on planet Shikk. However, they are met with insult rather than congratulations by Dodoria, Zarbon, and Frieza. While Raditz is visibly hurt and angered at this, Nappa loses control and tries to attack Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria, but Vegeta orders his comrade to stand down, knowing that he would not stand a chance against them.
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman Edit
Main article: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Raditz is on an extraterrestrial planet with the Saiyan prince, Vegeta and Nappa. Raditz and Vegeta hear the message from Frieza through their scouters that he needs the Saiyans to return to Planet Vegeta. Raditz questions if they're returning to the planet but Vegeta wants them to pretend as though they didn't hear it.
He is later told by his father, Bardock, about what had happened to his brother, Kakarot.
Beginning of Dragon Ball ZEdit
Dragon Ball Z Edit
Saiyan Saga Edit
Main article: Vegeta Saga
In the beginning of Dragon Ball Z, Raditz arrives on Earth in search of a man named "Kakarot," later revealed to be Goku. After he incapacitates a farmer who found his space pod, Raditz kills him, by flicking his own bullet right back at him. Raditz detects a power reading on his scouter and assumes it is Goku. He tracks down the source of the energy and comes face to face with Piccolo, Goku's enemy at the time. Raditz asks Piccolo where he can find "Kakarot", but Piccolo refuses to tell him, warning him to leave Earth at once. Raditz laughs at Piccolo, who fires a powerful attack at Raditz, leaving him unscathed, only managing to "singe some of his leg hair," as Raditz puts it. Just as Raditz prepares to destroy Piccolo, he detects another power level , and this time, he knows that it is Kakarot, the one he is looking for.
Raditz tracks the power level down to the Kame House, where Goku, his son Gohan, Bulma, Krillin, Master Roshi, and Turtle are enjoying a reunion. Raditz identifies Goku as Kakarot, and informs Goku that he is his big brother, who arrived on Earth to find him. When Goku asks where Raditz came from, Raditz tells Goku that they are both Saiyan warriors, and tells him the history of the Saiyan race including the Planet Trade Organization's practice of conquering planets and selling them for profit. Goku and Krillin express their disgust at Raditz and tell him to leave. When it becomes clear to Raditz that Goku is not coming with him, Raditz kidnaps Gohan (who still has a Saiyan tail) and holds him for ransom. He informs Goku that if he ever wants to see Gohan again, he should eliminate one hundred Earthlings and bring them to Raditz by the next day. Laughing, Raditz flies off with Gohan in his hands.
Later, he shuts the crying Gohan in his spacepod, unable to stand his crying. Raditz is surprised to find that his scouterreported a power level of 710 for Gohan, which Raditz dismissed as a malfunction because it would mean that the child was even stronger than his father. Shortly afterwards, Raditz sees Goku and Piccolo who have joined forces to beat him, and since his scouter accurately warned him of their approach, he came to the realization that Gohan may actually be as strong as his reading said. As he lies dying, Raditz genuinely acknowledges Goku's death (as well as his own), but Piccolo tells him about the Dragon Balls that will revive Goku shortly after the wish is made. Raditz, however, retorts that his scouter is also a transmitter, and his two Saiyan friends have heard everything and will come for the Dragon Balls to wish him back. Laughing his head off, Raditz is finished off by Piccolo, and dies shortly before Goku does so. Using his scouter to transmit Piccolo's message, Raditz calls for help from his two fellow Saiyans, Nappa and Vegeta, who eventually journey to Earth to gather the Dragon Balls, not to revive Raditz (as Raditz believed), but for immortality. In the Other World , Raditz attempts to fight King Yemma , who overpowers him and sends Raditz to Hell .
After Goku dies, Bulma and Krillin remove Raditz's scouter from his corpse (which remains unseen). Bulma modifies the scouter so it can read actual numbers rather than the strange symbols that represent numbers. The scouter later explodes when Goku powers up during his fight with Vegeta. In an anime only flashback, Krillin reminds Raditz telling that the Saiyans capture and sell planets, and deduce that Frieza and his soldiers must be part of what he called the "Planet Trade".In an anime only flashback, Raditz, along with Nappa and Vegeta return from their conquest on Planet Shikk. However, they are met with insult rather than congratulations by Dodoria , Zarbon , and Frieza . While Raditz is visibly hurt and angered at this, Nappa loses control and tries to attack Frieza along with Zarbon and Dodoria, but Vegeta orders his comrade to stand down, knowing that he wouldn't stand a chance against them.
Dragon Ball GT Edit
Super 17 Saga Edit
Main article: Super 17 Saga
In the Super 17 Saga, Raditz can be seen in a cameo appearance in the news broadcast when he is escaping from Hell flying alongside Cooler, Android 19, and others thanks to Dr. Gero and Dr. Myuu opening a portal in the sky allowing all the past villains to escape from Hell. However, he was most likely defeated once more by the Z Fighters and sent back to Hell along with all the other past villains.
- Manga and Anime
Raditz was able to take a point-blank attack from Piccolo and emerge unharmed, and was able to scare the Namekian just by his mere presence. While fighting Piccolo and Goku together, even with their weighted clothing removed, neither could land a single blow on Raditz. Despite Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon able to land the finishing blow, Raditz was fast enough to dodge the first attack, which prompted Goku to sacrifice his life to hold him in place to take the second.
It is stated by Nappa that his power level rivals that of the Saibaman, who have power levels of over 1,200. Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon against Raditz is stated to be 1,330 which worried Raditz. In the anime, the power level of the second Special Beam Cannon is stated to be 1,440, which Raditz said could finish him off. However, Raditz had been weakened by an enraged Gohan which may have allowed Piccolo's attack to be strong enough as even Goku could hold Raditz down while severely injured.
Though he is never seen using the Great Ape transformation, his power level in that form would be 12,000 since it multiplies the base power by ten.
In Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!!, Raditz has improved to the point that he possesses enough power to hold his own against Gotenks for a short period of time, and even briefly gains the upperhand when he blinds him with a kiblast, however in the end he is defeated.
- Statements by authors and guidebooks
Toriyama said when speaking of the Saibaman that "their battle power is considerably high, at a level slightly inferior to Raditz", suggesting Raditz' power level to be greater than 1,200.
Raditz's power level is 1,500 according to a double edition of Weekly Shonen Jump back in 1989. Daizenshuu 7 and the website for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods refer to Raditz as a strong Saiyan warrior
Techniques and Special Abilities Edit
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Ki Blast – The most basic form of energy wave.
- Exciting Year – A High Power Rush used in video games. Raditz kicks the opponent up in the air, and then he kicks and punches them down again. Named in the Budokai series.
- Weekly Special – Raditz fires a rapid energy barrage at his opponents, inflicting great damage. Also called Full Power Energy Blast Volley.
- Day Crush – He grabs and punches his opponent. It is his grapple throw in the Budokai series.
- Dynamite Monday – A High Speed Rush used in the Budokai series. Raditz attacks his opponent with a flurry of kicks and punches before roundhouse kicking them away.
- Black Monday – A rush attack used by Raditz in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- I'm A Top-class Warrior! – Raditz elbows the opponent from behind onto the ground, inflicting great damage.
- Behind You! – Raditz faces away from his opponent then kicks out behind him as they closes in, sending them rolling away.
- Saturday Crush – A large, powerful pink energy sphere fired from one hand. Called Saturday Crash in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and has a paralyzing effect.
- Saturday Crash – A larger, more powerful version of the Saturday Crush exclusive to Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
- Shining Friday – A super-powered version of the Saturday Crush in Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit and Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Appears in both his Battle Suit 2 and Battle Suit 3 skillsets in Xenoverse 2.
- Vacation Delete - A stronger version of Saturday Crush that has a paralyzing effect. Used by Raditz in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and in Xenoverse 2 as part of his Battle Suit 2 and Battle Suit 3 skillsets.
- Begone! – A white Full Power Energy Wave fired from one hand.
- Double Sunday – A pink energy wave fired from both hands.
- Weekend - Raditz charges two pink energy spheres in both hands and fires them as a streaming energy wave. Used in Xenoverse and in Xenoverse 2 as part of Raditz's Battle Suit 1 skillset.
- Diving Elbow Smash – Raditz jumps in the air, focuses some energy onto his elbow, and lands an elbow on his opponent's skull. Used in Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu.
- Chop Beam – Raditz shoots an energy blast into the air with just one of his hands, and brings it down in a Karate Chop motion. Used in Taiketsu.
- Fire Somersault – Raditz jumps into the air, begins spinning so that flame forms around him, and then slams his body into his opponent, ensuring burning agony. Used in Taiketsu.
- Max Energy Blast – A variation of the Exploding Wave used in Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
- Afterimage – A speed-based ability that allows the user to move at an incredibly fast pace. Raditz uses the technique to attack Goku with a powerful knee strike.
- Explosive Wave – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the first Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
- Full Power – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi video game series.
- Saiyan Soul – One of Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Tail Attack – Raditz can whip his opponents using his powerful tail. He uses this to whip Krillin in the face when the latter approaches him at Kame House.
- Scouter: On – A supportive technique used in Zenkai Battle Royale, Raditz switches his scouter on, allowing him to detect opponents and have more accuracy in his attacks.
- Didn't Think You'd Fall For That! – Raditz's signature attack in the Raging Blast series. He crouches and when getting attacked, he counters with an elbow strike. This technique comes from when he deceived and attacked Goku when he was grabbing his tail.
- Cancel Counter – A technique used in Zenkai Battle Royale where Raditz interrupts his opponent's attack and counters.
- Machinegun Rush – A melee rush used in Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Two Knuckle Punch – A punch used by Raditz. Named in the Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game.
- Chou Makouhou – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Chou Makousen – Great Ape Raditz's Ultimate Blast in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Gigantic Rock Throw – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 2 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Howl – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Sleep – One of Great Ape Raditz's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
- Evil Energy power up – Raditz is given the evil energy power up by Towa in Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. When using the power up, Raditz's eyes glow red, his skin darkens, he gains a purple and black aura temporarily, causing his power to increase.
- Sledgehammer - Raditz cups his hands together and reels back, then slams their fists on the opponent. Used by Raditz as one of his Super Skills in his Battle Suit 3 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Energy Charge - A ki charging technique used by Raditz as one of his Super Skills in his Battle Suit 1 and Battle Suit 2 skillsets in Xenoverse 2
- Rise to Action - Slaps his cheeks to focus his mind and regain Stamina. One of Raditz's Super Skills in his Battle Suit 3 skillset in Xenoverse 2
- Full Power Energy Wave - A common Energy Wave technique used by many fighters, including his father Bardock. Used by Raditz as one of his Ultimate Skills in his Battle Suit 2 skillset in Xenoverse 2.
- Mimicry - Like his younger brother, Raditz is capable of learning techniques after seeing them performed once. Raditz uses this ability in the video game and manga adaption of Dragon Ball Fusions to learn the Fusion Dance after witnessing his nephew Goten and Kid Trunks use the technique to fuse into Gotenks.
- Fusion - Raditz is shown to be capable of perform several different types of Fusion in Dragon Ball Fusions.
- Fusion Dance - Learned by Raditz and his Saiyan comrade Nappa via Mimicry after witnessing Goten and Trunks use the technique to form Gotenks. By performing the dance with Nappa, Raditz can fuse with him to create Natz.
- EX-Fusion - By wearing a Metamo-Ring and performing the Fusion Dance, Raditz can perform EX-Fusion with Nappa to create Rappa or with Turles to create Tutz.
- Five-Way Fusion - Outside of the main story of Dragon Ball Fusions, Raditz can fuse with 4 other people to create a powerful Ultra Fusion. If the fusion is initiated by Raditz himself, the resulting Ultra Fusion will be a male Saiyan.
Video games appearances Edit
Raditz is a boss in Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden, Dragon Ball Z: Kyōshū! Saiyan, Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan, Dragon Ball Z: Goku Hishōden, Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden: Kakusei-Hen, Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku, Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, Dragon Ball Z: Battle Taikan Kamehameha 2, Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, and Dragon Ball Online. He appears in the opening cutscene of Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu and Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors.
Raditz is a playable character in Dragon Ball Z: Gekitō Tenkaichi Budōkai, the Budokaiseries, Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, the Budokai Tenkaichi series (Great Ape form also playable), Dragon Ball Z: Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: W Bakuretsu Impact, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Battlers, the Raging Blast games, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team, Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butōden, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, IC Carddass Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, Dragon Ball Fusions and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
In Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, the deceased Raditz ends up working for Fortuneteller Baba as one of her fighters.
Voice actors Edit
- Japanese dub: Shigeru Chiba
- English dubs:
- Latin American Spanish dub: Humberto Solórzano (DBZ episodes 1-5 and Dragon Ball Z Kai), Gerardo Reyero(flashback in DBZ episode 45), Salvador Delgado (one DBZ episode)
- Hebrew dub: Liron Baranes
- German dub: Tobias Kluckert
- Italian dub: Giorgio Bonino
- Portuguese dubs:
- Portugal: António Semedo
- Brazilian: Wellington Lima
- Croatian dub: Kruno Belko
- Catalan dub: Joan Pera (Z), Alex Messeguer (DBZ Kai)
- Valencian dub: Jose Luis Valero
- French dub: Gerard Surgue (DBZ), Antoine Nouel (Dragon Ball Z Kai)
- Basque dub: Manu Elizondo
- Thai dub: Nirun Boonyarattaphan
- Serbian dub: Marko Marković
- Tagalog dub: Robert Brilliantes
- Spanish Dub: José Antonio Gavira (Z eps 1-6; ep 47); Mauro Rivera (Z ep 46); Mariano Peña (Z Cell Saga)
- Galician Dub: Manuel Pombal (Z); Xoán Diéguez (DBZ Kai)
Major Battles Edit
- Raditz vs. Farmer
- Raditz vs. Krillin
- Raditz vs. Shaun and Danielle
- Raditz vs. Goku
- Raditz vs. Goku, Piccolo, Jimmy, Zesmond, Kayla and Gohan
- As with all other Saiyans in the series, Raditz's name is a pun on a vegetable, "radish" in this case. Raditz's family are all named after root vegetables (burdock, radish, and carrot).
- Raditz is one of the few, if not, the only character whose attacks are theme named. In Raditz's case, his techniques are named after days of the week. (e.g., Saturday Crush).
- In the Japanese dub, Raditz is Goku's only male biological relative not voiced by Masako Nozawa or in a similar high-pitched voice.
- During the Frieza Saga, Frieza assumes Raditz is Gohan's father. This is similar to in Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai - Another Road, when Bardock believes Gohan to be Turles's son.
- Raditz is the second deceased person related to Goku to have been returned to life by Fortuneteller Baba to work for her as one of her fighters which occurs in the video game Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu. The first was Goku's adoptive grandfather, Grandpa Gohan in the original manga and anime.
- The video games are the only Dragon Ball media where Bardock and Raditz are seen interacting:
- In Budokai 3, if Raditz wins a match against Bardock, he will say "Father..." as a Victory Quote.
- In the Budokai Tenkaichi 2 What-If story, "Fateful Brothers", after Raditz falls unconscious after a fight with Goku, he has a dream where he is standing in the mountains talking to his father in heaven where he admits he is a weakling, but then Bardock shows up and says "I don't care... you're still my son", Bardock then fights Raditz as a gift from father to son.
- In Budokai Tenkaichi 2, 3 and Raging Blast, if one plays Bardock against Raditz when Bardock wins, he will say "It'll be a sad day when one of my own sons can beat me."
- In Raging Blast, Raditz has special dialogue with the Ginyu Force, implying that they met at some point not shown in the past.
- In the Budokai Tenkaichi series and the Raging Blast games, Raditz's alternate costume is colored yellow, similar to the Battle Armor worn by Nappa.
- In an early Dragon Ball Z board game, Raditz's scouter is colored red like Vegeta's.
- As of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, Raditz and Nappa are the only Saiyans known to have jumped past both the first two levels of Super Saiyan and straight to Super Saiyan 3.
- In Dragon Ball Fusions, both of Raditz's EX-Fusions retain Raditz's long hair, while his Natz the fusion produced by the Fusion Dance does not.
- Raditz used to having a relationship with Shaun's one of his older sisters, Maria during in Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku and Piccolo Jr. Saga.
- Despite his actions, Goku has no problems in calling him his brother this was due to finding out from King Yemma that Raditz was in fact his brother.
- Raditz is often spoke about in disgust from his other family like Gohan who recalled his kidnapping.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Xenoverse, 2015
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, 2016
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Ball Minus, 2014
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dragon Ball Fusions, 2016
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu, 2007
- ↑ Toriyama Saiyan interview part 3. twimg.
- ↑ Bardock mentions this before he sends Goku into space
- ↑ DBZ Anime Special. kanzentai.
- ↑ Jump Gold Selection 4: Dragon Ball Z Anime Special, 1989
- ↑ Scan of a Battle Power statement. kanzentai.
- ↑ Weekly Jump, issue 31st, 1989