|Alternate names||King Koku|
|Debut||Manga: "World Domination"|
Anime: "Siege on Chow Castle"
|Race||Animal Type Earthling (Dog)|
|Date of birth||Before Age 733|
|Date of death||Age 774 (Revived)|
Age 790 (Revived)
|Occupation||King of Earth|
King Furry (国王, Koku-ō; lit. "King Koku") is an anthropomorphic dog who is the current King of the Earth during the Dragon Ball series, and assumed his position in Age 733. He is one of the few citizens of Earth who knows that Goku is the true hero rather than Mr. Satan. He's also the adoptive grandfather of Amelia and Danielle Johnson raised by him after the death of their parents at the Red Ribbon Army.
Though he is a politically important person in the Dragon Ball universe, he is of little significance to the storyline, except for when King Piccolo goes to King Castle in Central City, holding Danielle hostage and temporarily usurps his throne.
Just before King Piccolo began his new rampage, King Furry was waiting for a celebration for himself where several people from all over Dragon World would give him gifts for his great services. Unfortunately, King Furry is confronted by King Piccolo and Piano, who take over Furry's empire when King Piccolo displays his power.
Dragon Ball ZEdit
King Furry returns in Dragon Ball Z, making three appearances in the Cell Games Saga. First when he goes on TV after the royal military is killed. Then, when he recognizes Goku as the same boy who defeated King Piccolo and remarks that the current Piccolo looks like King Piccolo while watching the Cell Games on TV. And finally, when he is asked if the military forces should attack Cell, which he declines, because he knew that Gohan was the only one who could defeat Cell.
Dragon Ball GTEdit
In Dragon Ball GT, King Furry is seen helping spread word of Earth's upcoming destruction due to the Black Star Dragon Balls, although it was never explained how. He appears in the last few episodes where he is killed with most of the people of Earth when Omega Shenron attacks. He is later revived by Shenron.
- After Cell is defeated and Mr. Satan claims credit, he refers to Goku by name despite never having learned it.
- King Furry raising his granddaughters on his own after the loss of their parents at the Red Ribbon Army since Danielle was still a baby and Jinchuriki of Eternal Dragon: Shenron and Earth Dragon Balls Birthmarks.
- It is apparent that dogs have been the King of Earth for a while, as portraits of past dog kings are seen behind King Furry in the episode "Dende's Dragon".
- It is possible that one of King Furry's ancestors used the Dragon Balls to wish for royalty, as it was stated a few times in Dragon Ball that the first person to use the Dragon Balls wished to become the king.
- In the 172nd episode of Dragon Ball Z, King Furry recites an FDR quote: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."