The Demon Realm is home to most of the Demon race, who are lead by a Makaioshin, the evil equivalent of a Kaioshin. Not much is said about the realm in the manga, other than the fact that it was ruled by Dabura, who is presumably a Makaioshin, but this is never confirmed (the term "Makaioshin" was revealed in the Super Perfect Guide, which was released years after the end of Dragon Ball Z).
In Dragon Ball, Shula, another King of the Demon World, managed to open a giant entrance to the Demon Realm on Earth and kept it open for a while by wedging his cursed sword in its door. Goku managed to save Princess Misa, who had been kidnapped and taken to the Demon Realm by Shula. Then, Goku pulled out Shula's sword and closed off the entrance to Demon World.
In Dragon Ball Z, when Babidi asks Dabura if he has any preferences on which planet he wants to fight Dabura responds: "Perhaps a planet similar to this one. I don't want unfair advantages." The area they are transported is called Demon World in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury.
- Dabura – Originally King, but taken away after falling into Babidi's spell. He is killed by Majin Buu in Age 774.
- Shula – Referred to as King during his appearance in Dragon Ball.
- Melee – Shula's minion.
- Gola – Shula's minion.
- Miira – In Dragon Ball Online
- Towa – In Dragon Ball Online
- In Japanese Buddhism, the realm of demons is called Makyo (lit. "Demon's Cave") like the planet of Garlic Jr.'s ancestors in the series.
- The area Dabura and the Z Fighters are transported looks strikigly similar to the planet where Dabura is seen in a flashback in "Eighteen Unmasks".
|Planets||Grand Kai's planet • King Kai's planet • Planet Kaishin • Sacred World of the Kais|
|Locations||Cave of the Ancients • Check-In Station • Demon Realm • Freezing Tundra of Hell • Furnace of Eight Divisions • Grand Kai's mansion • Heaven • Hell • Limbo • Princess Snake's palace • Other World Stadium • Sugoroku Space • Yemma Forest|
|Roads||Battlefield Royale • Snake Way|