|Debut||Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! (September 2008)|
"Come to play house, little boy? Play nice now."
Abo (アボ) is a character in the Dragon Ball series. He makes his debut (and ultimately, his only appearance) in the 2008 film Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, the first film adaptation of Dragon Ball Z since 1995's Wrath of the Dragon. He and his brother Kado's names are a pun on the Japanese word avocado.
Abo and his brother Kado were once soldiers who served Frieza, ranking in the same tier as the Ginyu Force, as Vegeta explains in hindsight. Two years after the defeat of Kid Buu, Vegeta's estranged brother Tarble, accompanied by his wife Gure, flee to Earth to seek Vegeta's assistance in defeating the brother duo, whom Tarble confesses have since become as powerful as Frieza and have been terrorizing a remote star which he calls home.
Abo and Kado pursue Tarble and Gure to Earth using Saiyan Pods, where Trunks and Goten are unleashed on the two. After struggles from both sides, Abo and Kado fuse into Aka, prompting Trunks and Goten to fuse into Gotenks and incite another battle. When Aka begins to demonstrate a significantly devastating power, Goku and Vegeta prepare to destroy him, however a trick Goku plays on Vegeta results in Goku successfully being the one to vanquish Aka.
- Cloning – The ability to split into several identical duplicates to fight as a group.
- Flight – The ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Fusion – The ability to fuse with Kado
- Japanese Dub: Yūsuke Numata
- Abo is one of the few DB movie villains not to be killed (others include King Gurumes, Kado and Garlic Jr.).
- Abo's name is a partial pun of the vegetable "Avacado". In fact, when he fuses with Kado, Gotenks calls him "Abocado".